what are they doing at my site?!

Thread: what are they doing at my site?!

Default what are they doing at my site?!

lately, i&#039;ve noticed some weird logs in my log files. i&#039;ve never seen anything like this before, here is a sample of some of the logs, (i&#039;ve excluded the ip):<BR><BR>10:48:22 GET /scripts/..ð€€¯../winnt/system32/cmd.exe 403<BR>10:48:22 GET /scripts/..ø€€€¯../winnt/system32/cmd.exe 403<BR>10:48:22 GET /scripts/..ü€€€€¯../winnt/system32/cmd.exe 403<BR>10:48:22 GET /msadc/../../../../../../winnt/system32/cmd.exe 200<BR>10:48:24 GET /msadc/../../../../../../winnt/system32/cmd.exe 200<BR>10:48:25 GET /msadc/../../../../../../winnt/system32/cmd.exe 502<BR><BR>what is this?! as you can see, some of these worked. is this a malicious thing, or what? i&#039;ve tried to access the cmd.exe by running these same commands, but i&#039;ve seen nothing. does anyone know what cmd.exe is and what it does? is there some preventative stuff i need to do or what?<BR><BR>thx,<BR>justin

Default YOU ARE BEING HACKED!!!!!!!

This happened to one of our servers today as well, if you heard about a problem with some print driver thing with IIS 5.0, that is what they are doing, I suggest that you contact the CERT, and possibly the FBI if you have sensitive Info on your site. If their was anything about <BR>f*ck+USA+Government^^^^^f*ck+PoizonBOx<BR>in any of your log files, let me know by posting your email address<BR><BR>

RDM Guest

Default Hackers...

File/Print server hack that is out now. If you should down the File/Print services on the web server, this will take care of it.<BR>If you can&#039;t (because you need the service), then download MS patch at their site.

Default RE: Hackers...

is that disable the ftp server? what exactly is acheived by running cmd.exe?<BR><BR>thx for the quick response, i&#039;ll get the patch and stop the file server, i guess? can i really not run the FTP?

al dawg Guest

Default RE: Hackers...

cmd on an NT/win2k box is the dos shell prompt. I don&#039;t know alot about hacking and how giving that command over a browser would work, but I know at work (IT Manager) CMD gives me dos shell access to use some of my dos commands.

RDM Guest

Default Nah...

If you have your "Printer" service running shut it down if you don&#039;t need to print directly from the web server.<BR>Look in "Services" to see if it&#039;s even running. It may not be.<BR>What you in your logs is likely error messages because the bastards couldn&#039;t get in.<BR><BR>Hackers suck...