ASP predefined parameter values produce errors

Thread: ASP predefined parameter values produce errors

hill Guest

Default ASP predefined parameter values produce errors

Hello, I just start programming with ASP <BR><BR>I tried to call stored procedure in my asp file. Everything is <BR>all right. But below code, <BR><BR>cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter("name", adVarWChar, adParamInput,50) caused error like <BR><BR>ADODB.Command (0x800A0BB9) <BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR>/insert.asp, line 17 <BR><BR>So, I changed and adVarWChar to 200 andParamInput to 1 and it worked!!!! ( below ) <BR><BR>cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter <BR>("name",200,1,50) <BR><BR>If I should change it everytime, it&#039;s gonna be big problem. <BR><BR>Tell me why this error caused and how I can avoid this error. <BR><BR>Thanks for reading.

RDM Guest

Default Sounds like...

...You don&#039;t have the ADO constants declared. Put this at the top of your global.asa (with the right version of ADO you have installed)<BR><BR>&#060;!--METADATA NAME="Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library" TYPE="TypeLib" UUID="{00000205-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}"--&#062;