Help Client Javascript giving JScript Error!

Thread: Help Client Javascript giving JScript Error!

DF Guest

Default Help Client Javascript giving JScript Error!

I&#039;ve got an ASP page using VBScript as the server language. The script builds an output page with a Javascript function that submits the page using &#060;BODY onload="submet();"&#062;.<BR><BR>The function reads:<BR> function submet(){<BR> document.formname.submit();<BR> }<BR><BR>Under my old server (IIS 3.0) this works fine. I move this ASP program to my new Windows 2000/IIS 5.0 server, and get a JScript runtime error: "object does not support this method" message.<BR><BR>I&#039;m using IE5.5 as the client and run this page from the same client with different results.<BR><BR>Is there some setting somewhere that I need to change to keep IIS from trying to execute this as a JScript? It seems it&#039;s trying to interpret this as the ASP scripting language or something weird like that.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>Darren

Sreedharan Guest

Default RE: Help Client Javascript giving JScript Error!

The best thing to do is to compare the values for the properties set in IIS 3.0 versus IIS5.0 If everything is fine there, then proceed in another direction.<BR>