Access DB Permissions

Thread: Access DB Permissions

Default Access DB Permissions

In trying to correct a problem with permission to update/insert an Access database using ASP. I caused another problem....Since I have very little Access experience I don&#039;t know how I got to this point. When I launch Microsoft Access to open up any database, I&#039;m prompted to enter a logon/password. This never happened before and I believe that this is causing this most recent problem....How do I clear this up in Access????<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] You do not have the necessary permissions to use the &#039;(unknown)&#039; object. Have your system administrator or the person who<BR>created this object establish the appropriate permissions for you. <BR>

Default RE: Access DB Permissions

It seems you protected the database with a password...but to do that you had to open it in exclusive mode...<BR>is that right? Maybe i&#039;m already in the wrong direction :)

Default I don't know that it's an Access problem

It sounds like your you are using NT or Win2k, and your user account does not have permission to open the databases...If they are stored locally, you might want to check the NT security settings for those files.