Tracking intranet NT users

Thread: Tracking intranet NT users

Basha Guest

Default Tracking intranet NT users

Hi,<BR>I am trying to track the user ids without the intervention of users of our intranet site. But, I am unable to get any values for the server variables AUTH_USER, LOGON_USER, REMOTE_USER<BR><BR>I read Akhilesh&#039;s article on authentication. I don&#039;t have access to IIS server. Also, how to know which authentication IIS is using?<BR>I am using the following code snippet<BR>------------------<BR><BR>strNTUser = RTrim(Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER")) <BR>Response.Write "The user is...." & strNTUser <BR>strNTUser = RTrim(Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")) <BR>Response.Write "The user is...." & strNTUser <BR>strNTUser = RTrim(Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_USER")) <BR>Response.Write "The user is...." & strNTUser <BR>-----------<BR><BR>Please help<BR>Thanks

Default Challenge/Response.

IIS has to have Challenge/Repsonse enabled.<BR><BR>&#062;I don&#039;t have access to IIS server. Also, how to know which &#062;authentication IIS is using?<BR><BR>So what server are you trying to use this on?<BR><BR>

Basha Guest

Default RE: Challenge/Response.

OK.. to give more idea<BR><BR>I am a developer under a huge intranet website. We develop the coe and send it tothe web-admin... he pushes the code from our testing servers to the production servers. <BR><BR>Our testing servers resembles the production one. But we cannot see the server though... we are setup as virtual directories. <BR>So how to know our web is enabled to basic or challenge response or anonymous<BR><BR>Thanks