What does this mean???

Thread: What does this mean???

pnub Guest

Default What does this mean???

Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 800a0046&#039 <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/write.asp, line 8 <BR><BR>The operation completed successfully. <BR><BR>I got the above when I was trying to open up a text file and write to it. Can anybody tell me what this error means in more detail?

John Harvey Guest

Default RE: What does this mean???

When you call <BR>Set objectName = Server.CreateObject (ObjectType)<BR>The server creates the object, and allows you to access its methods and properties. For example:<BR>Dim objRecordSet<BR>Set objRecordSet = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>creates and ADO Recordset.<BR>When the server cannot creat an object, it means you do not have the component you are asking the server to create installed (you may have made a typing error). If you are opening a text file, you need to create the following (assume I&#039ve declared the variables ahead of time...)<BR>Set fsoFileSys = Server.CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<BR>&#039This creates a file system object<BR>Set fsoTextFile = fsoFileSys.GetFile ("whatever.txt")<BR>&#039this creates a file object<BR>Set fsoFileStream = fsoDataFile.OpenAsTextStream (1)<BR>&#039this creates a textstream object. The (1) means to open for reading<BR><BR>Hope it helps.<BR><BR>John