MTS or not to MTS

Thread: MTS or not to MTS

Ali Guest

Default MTS or not to MTS

I am debating on whether or not to use MTS for my intranet site. I&#039ll have many users (up to 3000) but with infrequent use (mostly at month-end). I use ADO db functionality with SQL Server 7. Anyone have experience with this? Also, if I do use MTS, do I have to configure the client machines in any way or do required pieces all run on the web server?

Brad Kingsley Guest

Default RE: MTS or not to MTS

it&#039s almost always better to use MTS to handle your COM objects. Besides transaction handling, which you may or may not need, it adds stability through process isolation and also better handling of system resources.<BR><BR>-Brad Kingsley, MCP - NT, IIS4<BR>Reliable Windows NT Web Hosting<BR>ORCS Web, Inc -

Kristoffer Horrocks Guest

Default RE: MTS or not to MTS

Go with MTS. At a minimum, you&#039ll get better performance during those peak periods and increased stability across the board. As far as reconfiguration/recoding goes, your browser clients won&#039t need any reconfiguring. If you are keeping the components on the same machine (webserver) then no reconfiguration is needed.<BR><BR>Kris Horrocks<BR>Turbine Solutions Inc.<BR>Charlotte, NC<BR>704-509-2999