Client ADO recordset

Thread: Client ADO recordset

Default Client ADO recordset

How can I create a recordset on the client from data passed from an ASP page? Is it possible to dynamically create the client vb script in ASP which when the HTML page has been downloaded to the client, it creates an ADO recordset so that the user can rotate/sort/etc the data at the client end without having to request more date from the server? <BR>Please can someone help as this has become quite an urgent issue.

Sreedharan Surendran Guest

Default RE: Client ADO recordset

As far as I know there is no Recordset object in Javascript.<BR><BR>But you can achieve your requirement in a different way. After you get your recordset, pass the values to an ARRAY in Javascript.<BR><BR>Code: <BR>&#060;script language="JavaScript"&#062; <BR>&#060;!--<BR>var MyArray = new Array()<BR>&#060;% For i = 0 to RowCount - 1 %&#062;<BR> MyArray["&#060;%=i%&#062;",0] = "&#060;%= Rs(0,i)%&#062;"<BR> MyArray["&#060;%=i%&#062;",1] = "&#060;%= Rs(1,i)%&#062;"<BR>&#060;% Next %&#062;<BR>// --&#062;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR>RowCount is the number of rows returned by the recordset. Rs is the recordset (in my case, I have used an object, which passes the recordset back using the GetRows() method, so that I can release the database connection immediately. The rows and columns are interchanged. You do it your way.)<BR><BR>You now have the values in the recordset in an array, which you can then use in your client side manipulation.<BR><BR>