Thread: response.write

timmyz Guest

Default response.write

received some great help...but i have a is the partial code<BR>rs.close<BR> set rs=nothing<BR><BR> if cn.errors.count = 0 then<BR> rv = 1<BR> msg = response.write("Thank-you for your submission," & Name )<BR> redirectTo = "create_av_accessories.asp"<BR><BR><BR>when the message is displayed it is left aligned and not in the table...when i just have "thank-you .....without & Name it works great and the message appears in the table and is is that code...<BR>&#060;td class="heading" colspan="2" align="center"&#062;&#060;%=msg%&#062;&#060;/td&#062;<BR><BR>any suggestion in over my head<BR><BR>

pani Guest

Default RE: response.write

na that&#039;s a mistake.. It doesn&#039;t complete a string<BR>It should be like this<BR><BR>"Thank-you for your submission,&#039;" & Name & "&#039;"

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default RE: response.write

Perhaps change the following:<BR>msg = response.write("Thank-you for your submission," & Name )<BR><BR>To instead be the following:<BR>msg = "Thank-you for your submission," & Name<BR><BR>Then when the variable called msg is used later it will look better.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR> <BR>