Refreshing the screen with updated SQL result

Thread: Refreshing the screen with updated SQL result

Ginola Guest

Default Refreshing the screen with updated SQL result

Hi<BR><BR>I have a quick question. I have searched message board and FAQs and couldn&#039;t get the answer.<BR>I have an ASP, called abcd.asp, to add or delete a record from a database.<BR>At the bottom part of the page, I use response.redirect to another ASP, called efgh.asp, that has a SQL to list all records from the same database in a selection box.<BR><BR>I&#039;d expect to see the most recent record added/deleted from the selection box.<BR><BR>The outcome is yes AND no. It does appear sometimes and it doesn&#039;t some other time.<BR>I don&#039;t have a clue why. Any advice is appreciated.<BR>

Default RE: Refreshing the screen with updated SQL result

I&#039;ve had a similar problem with various pages, and the only cause I can find is that the second page does the Select statement before the previous pages&#039; Insert statement finishes. Sounds crap I know, but the only explanation I could come up with. Our solution was to either delay the page somehow, or you get the user to refresh the page manually. Both are from perfect solutions.<BR>Sorry I couldn&#039;t be more help.