HTML command for "Save As"

Thread: HTML command for "Save As"

Default HTML command for "Save As"

I need to enable Intranet site visitors to download Word and Excel documents. Am using Frontpage 2k, NT4, & IE5.<BR><BR>They can of course do this by right clicking and choosing "Save As". <BR><BR>Does anybody know how, in html, I can replicate this by the visitor just left clicking on the hyperlink?

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default Save As Dialog for File Download

Here is a link you might find of interest:<BR><BR>Force "file download" for known file types<BR><BR>"Suppose you have written an ASP page that contains a link to a known MIME type, but you want the user to download the file instead of viewing it. Add the following to your script:<BR> response.addHeader "content-disposition", "attachment;filename=filename.ext"<BR>Then substitute the actual filename and extension, and it is as good as done. When your users click on the link, they will immediately see the download dialog box instead of the files contents.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR>

Default RE: Save As Dialog for File Download

I must not be implementing this correctly. I added the resonse.addHeader line in delimiters at the top of the document, just after &#060;%@language="vbscript"%&#062;. I then inserted the anchor tag, linking to an Excel sheet, in the body of my document. I&#039;ve tried it both inside and outside my delimiters. Both times, it still opened the file in my browser. Is this addHeader method not supported by IIS 4.0? Just curious....