Time Out

Thread: Time Out

Rob Lovett Guest

Default Time Out

Hi there,<BR><BR>I am new to ASP scripting and have found this site to be very helpful in overcoming some problems.<BR><BR>I am accessing a large database, and am pulling back a large data set with my SQL script, unfortunately, I am unable to reduce the size of this set further and this is leading to the following message:<BR><BR>"ASP0113 Script timed out ........"<BR><BR>Now I understand from the message that you can change the limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeOut or by changing the value in the IIS administrator tools.<BR><BR>What I do not know is where or how I do this. I assume that the ScriptTimeOut is meant to be done in the script but I am unsure to the syntax or what the default value actually is.<BR><BR>Also I do not know what the IIS administrator Tools are?<BR><BR>If you can provide answers to these too questions then I would be very greatful. Thankyou in advance.<BR><BR>Rob

Eddie Campbell Guest

Default RE: Time Out

In the page that is having the problem, add this line to the top<BR><BR>&#060;% Server.ScriptTimeOut = 10000 %&#062;<BR><BR>You should also look into ways of improving performance such as using Paging to display only a portion of your data (Have a look in the Asp Faqs).

Rob Lovett Guest

Default RE: Time Out

Thankyou very much for the answer.<BR><BR>Given the size of the data set I would love to page it, however, this is to create a list to select from, so I can&#039;t see how paging can help me in this instance. If anyone has a suggestion for this, I would be grateful again.<BR><BR>Still, thankyou very much this appears to have solved my problem,<BR><BR>Thankyou<BR><BR>Rob