Thread: msg=

timmyz Guest

Default msg= of having a generic message after submitting a form to my database...i would like to have the text from the &#060;Name&#062; field diplayed msg = "thank-you for your submission, &#060;Name&#062; what would the sntax be for is the code i am using...forgive me...i am a baby at asp thanks...<BR><BR>rs.close<BR> set rs=nothing<BR><BR> if cn.errors.count = 0 then<BR> rv = 1<BR> msg = "Thank-you for your submission, ??&#060;Name&#062; ??"<BR> redirectTo = "create_av_accessories.asp"<BR> else<BR> rv = 0<BR> msg = ""<BR> Set Errs = cn.Errors<BR> For Each errloop In Errs<BR> msg = msg & errloop.Description & " <BR> "<BR> Next<BR> redirectTo = "Back"<BR> end if<BR><BR>

Default RE: msg=

try this:<BR><BR>response.write("Thank-you for your submission," & &#060;namevariable&#062;)

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Assuming you have something in the Name variable perhaps from a form post or querystring, then perhaps change the following:<BR><BR>msg = "Thank-you for your submission, ??&#060;Name&#062; ??"<BR><BR>To be the following instead:<BR><BR>msg = "Thank you for your submission, " & Name<BR><BR>And then of course you could Response.Write the msg variable.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

timmyz Guest

i forgot (stupid me) to mention that the &#060;name&#062; is a field in the database and would actually be the text inputed by the user at the time of submission...i am sure this can be done....i am probably sounding confused....i&#039;ll try again...when a user (after inputing their information ie email address, name etc) clicks on submit, i have at the moment at message thanking them for submitting the form, but what i want is to have their name displayed after the thank-you.............thanks