Connecting to Database

Thread: Connecting to Database

Janetta Guest

Default Connecting to Database

I am having a lot of problems connecting to my database with ASP or VB Script. My database is in Access. Can you please tell me how to connect and write to an Access database using ASP or VBScript?<BR>

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default RE: Connecting to Database

Here is a good connections resource:<BR><BR>Connections<BR><BR>"This page contains sample ADO connection strings for ODBC DSN, ODBC DSN-Less, OLE DB Provider, and MS Remote. These sample connection strings are from the Microsoft ADO Newsgroups and are compiled by Carl Prothman, a Microsoft Visual Basic MVP."<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR>

Default RE: Connecting to Database

Here&#039;s an example...<BR><BR>cn = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Connection")<BR>cn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=E:msdbscaevents.mdb;Persist Security Info=False"<BR>cn.Open<BR><BR>Then you should have a read/write connection.<BR>

Default What have you tried....

That is causing you problems? Post your relevant code and the error messages that it produced, and we&#039;ll be glad to help you.