Multiple connections to access database

Thread: Multiple connections to access database

Zaheer Guest

Default Multiple connections to access database

My company is using the Alliance MFG software, which uses an Access database.<BR>I have designed an Intranet using ASP, this intranet is also connected to the same database.<BR>The intranet works fine on its own, but when the database is also connected to the Alliance MFG Software, the ASP page cannot establish a connection.<BR><BR>The code used to connect to the database is:<BR><BR>Function DBConnect(strDBName) <BR>Set DBConnect = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>path = "\termservtec04emx04_sysmfgalliance" & strDBName<BR>DBConnect.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & path<BR>End Function <BR><BR><BR>Set ConnSQL = DBConnect(Application("db_name")) <BR><BR>strID = Request.QueryString("partnumber")<BR> <BR><BR>sqlEasyQuery = "SELECT * FROM partmaster WHERE partnumber =&#039;" & strID & "&#039;"<BR> <BR>&#039;Creation of RecordSet to hold data <BR>Set RS = server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset") <BR><BR>Set RS = ConnSQL.execute(sqlEasyQuery) <BR><BR>

Eddie Campbell Guest

Default RE: Multiple connections to access database

The Alliance MFG software is probably opening the database in Exclusive mode.<BR><BR>I don&#039;t think you can do much about this though you *might* be able to create a new database which links to the data tables in the main database. It is just possible that this might get around the problem though I have never tried it.<BR>