SQL error

Thread: SQL error

Someone Guest

Default SQL error

Hi,<BR>Can somebody tell me where I have done wrong here.<BR><BR>When I am adding a record with Add.New method, the error I am getting is:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot update. Database or object is read-only.<BR><BR>I have checked my database, it is &#039;not read only&#039; and I am opening recordset as 3 and 3. So I thought that should work.<BR><BR> objRs.Open "test", objConn, 3, 3<BR> <BR> objRs.AddNew<BR> objRs("item_name")= Request.Form("item") &#039;string<BR> objRs("summary")= Request.Form("summary") &#039;string<BR> objRs("class_id")=Request.Form("size") &#039;Integer<BR> objRs("level_id")=Request.Form ("student_level") &#039;Integer<BR> objRs("full_description")= Request.Form("description")<BR> objRs("references")= Request.Form("references")&#039; string<BR> objRs.Update<BR><BR>If I am inserting with SQL Insert statement, I am getting ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0BB9)<BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.<BR> <BR>Where as I have checked all my string values and integer values.<BR>I don&#039;t know what to do??<BR>here is my SQL code:<BR>strSQL="INSERT INTO test(item_name, summary, class_id, level_id, full_description, references)" &_<BR> strSQL= strSQL & " VALUES(&#039;"& item & "&#039;,&#039;" & summary & "&#039;, " & size & "," & student_level & ",&#039;" & description & "&#039;,&#039;" & references & "&#039;)"<BR><BR>objRs.Open strSQL, objConn, 3, 3<BR>Please somebody help me???<BR>THANKS IN ADVANCE:)

Default RE: SQL error

The Permissions on the server is set only to READ. You need READ and WRITE Access.<BR><BR>Typically the Account used on an NT server is the IUSR or Internet User account. Set that to READ WRITE on that file, or set the entire folder to that. My recommendation is just the file.

Someone Guest

Default RE: SQL error

Thanks for your response. I checked with the Administrator and the server has a read and write permission.<BR>Do you have any other idea?<BR><BR>Thanks.