update values

Thread: update values

zia Guest

Default update values

I had written this query a few days ago <BR>& maybe my question was not correctly understood. <BR>What I want to know is that in websites like sports <BR>& stocks websites where the figures keep changing every <BR>minute how is the backend script written for these sites. <BR>Like I know that with the meta tags refresh you can automatically <BR>refresh the page after a period of time,but what exactly I want to know is how are those values of scores & stocks figures shown in the page ,do they come from a database,a text file--which one is a more effiecient way.I mean how does the administrator or the ASP program take care of updating the values page,thats the part of program what I want to know <BR>An example code would be very handy.

Default RE: update values

as long as the database is updated frequently, everytime a query is made to the db the results are guaranteed to be fresh. so each time the page is called, fresh data will be shown.<BR>as for a big site like yahoo or something, i&#039;m sure every 15 min or 1/2 hr a new .htm page is parsed together to act as a static main page.