Thread: help

seeker Guest

Default help

After displaying the contents of a folder, I would like to select a file so that I can delete it. My delete method entails the FilesystemObject.

Default RE: help

And the answer is FSO as well.<BR><BR>Something like this.<BR><BR>On the page with the file names<BR><BR>&#060;INPUT Type=CheckBox Name=ToDelete Value="&#060;% = (path & "/" & fname) %&#062;"&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Have this in a form that submits to this<BR><BR> &#060;% <BR> set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR> virtualRoot = "PATH TO THE DIR"<BR>root = Server.MapPath( virtualRoot )<BR>For Each fl In Request.Form("ToDelete") <BR> fname = Replace( root & fl, "/", "\" )<BR> Response.Write "&#060;LI&#062;" & fname & vbNewLine<BR> fso.DeleteFile( fname )<BR>Next <BR> <BR> Set fso = nothing<BR>%&#062;

seeker Guest

Default RE: help

Supposing I don&#039;t want to use a form is there any other alternative? My ultimate goal is, after a file has been selected the user can either perform the following operations:<BR>delete, rename, get properties of the file, etc.