help me I'm struggling!

Thread: help me I'm struggling!

Default help me I'm struggling!

I know that these questions are probably already answered on this site somewhere but I have searched the FAQs and can&#039;t find them so sorry but here goes!!<BR><BR>1, What is the code for checking to see if a username and password already exist in an access dbase when a new user is entering a username and password to &#039;join&#039;???<BR><BR>2, I am trying to create an include file to authenticate each of my pages - make sure that the users have logged in and are not just jumping to the relevent page. I have some code (which uses session variables) but when I write the code in notepad and try to save it as a .inc it saves it as .inc.txt how do I get arround this ???

Priyan Guest

Default RE: help me I'm struggling!

Hi,<BR>To check for the username and pwd you can use<BR><BR>SQLstmt = "select * from UrTable where UserID=&#039;" & mUserID & "&#039;"<BR>Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rs.Open sqlstmt, conn, 3, 3<BR>If not rs.eof then <BR> if rs.passwd = ...<BR><BR>and No 2<BR>Change the "Save as type" to *.* All files.<BR><BR><BR>

Default Alternatively

You can include a page without the .inc extension. For example if you have an asp page page that checks to see if the user is logged in properly by checking for a particular value of a session object? At the top of every page in the web site that you want to protect simply put:<BR><BR>&#060;!--#include file="yourpage.asp"--&#062;<BR><BR>Hope that helps<BR>