Ad Rotator Problems

Thread: Ad Rotator Problems

Cindy Guest

Default Ad Rotator Problems

I am an ASP beginner and am trying to create an Ad Rotator. I have done everything that was in the 4guysfromrolla pages but still my ads don&#039;t appear. What else besides the asp code &#060;% Dim MyAd ...etc %&#062; needs to be in the asp file that displays the ad? <BR>Or perhaps there may be something else that was needed that was not listed in the site? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Default RE: Ad Rotator Problems

Hi,<BR>Mine is set up as follows and works fine - I haven&#039;t looked at the one on 4 Guys but I guess it&#039;ll be similar.<BR><BR>File 1 - adredir.asp<BR>&#060;% response.redirect (request.QueryString("URL")) <BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>File 2 - rotate.txt<BR>***<BR>REDIRECT adredir.asp<BR>width 468<BR>height 60<BR>border 0<BR>*<BR>images/xyz.gif<BR><BR><BR>10<BR><BR>im ages/eh.gif<BR><BR><BR>20<BR><BR>an d so on - note you need the **s <BR><BR>FILE 3 - the file where you want the ad to appear - put the following<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>set adrotator=Server.CreateObject("MSWC.AdRotator")<BR >adrotator.TargetFrame="target=&#039;_blank&#039;" <BR>response.write(adrotator.GetAdvertisement("rot ate.txt"))<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Hope it helps.<BR><BR>