Hi... I have a webserver that is running NT4<BR><BR>Some of my ASP code does run on the system... one being an submit handler that sends the filled out form to my email... <BR><BR>however, I recently tried to put a password protection on my page, but when I run the page, I get a connection timeout error... I was wondering if it was something wrong with the code, or if it was server related...<BR><BR>Here is the ASP code(thanks to Rob Taylor for the code):<BR>*note that the page that calls it has a submit form with textfields called user and pass<BR>&#060;% @ LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" %&#062;<BR>&#060;% Option Explicit %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> Dim username, userpassword, website, pwdObj, gtFile<BR><BR> username = request.form("user")<BR> userpassword = request.form("pass")<BR><BR> Session("user") = username<BR> Session("id") = userpassword<BR><BR> set pwdObj = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR> set gtFile = pwdObj.openTextFile(Server.MapPath("pass.txt"))<BR ><BR> While not gtFile.AtEndOfStream<BR> if gtFile.ReadLine=Session("user") & " " & Session("id") Then<BR> website = gtFile.ReadLine<BR> gtfile.close<BR> Response.Redirect( website )<BR> End If<BR> WEND<BR><BR> Response.Write("<BR>&#060;font color=#FF0000&#062;You game a wrong user name / password combination!&#060;/font&#062;")<BR><BR>%&#062;