Hidden Form Data Transfer

Thread: Hidden Form Data Transfer

JB Guest

Default Hidden Form Data Transfer

Okay, I have a hidden form where I am holding data that I wish to transfer from one page to another. I want to use a...<BR> <BR>&#060;a href="FileName.asp" onClick="doSubmit();"&#062;Blah&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>...link instead of the "submit" button provided by the form. How do I get the hidden form to transfer when the link is clicked on by the user? I tried the following javascript but the hidden form data did not transfer to next page. Any ideas?<BR><BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR>function doSubmit() {<BR> document.FrmName.submit();<BR> }<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>(tried the javascript above and below &#060;head&#062; tag)<BR>

Default RE: Hidden Form Data Transfer

&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR>function function1(sel)<BR>{<BR> selvalue = sel.text..value;<BR> where = "callingprogam.asp?selection="+escape(selvalue);<B R> window.location=where;<BR>}<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>And call this function like "onsubmit = function1(this);"

JB Guest

Default I think I'm a little Lost here

My knowledge of javascript is not extensive. I have a few questions.<BR><BR>1) I don&#039;t see the name of my form in this function<BR><BR>2) Does the script go above or below the &#060;head&#062; tag?<BR><BR>3) In the "onsubmit" declaration, what does "this" reference?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for your help<BR>