recordsets with Access error

Thread: recordsets with Access error

Default recordsets with Access error

I&#039;m running IIS with an Access database, I get this lovely error:<BR>---<BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0cb3&#039; <BR><BR>Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation. <BR><BR>/NCR/newncr_post.asp, line 124 <BR>---<BR>I can do SQL updates and inserts no problem. I try:<BR><BR>Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.connection")<BR>oConn.o pen "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & server.mappath("NCR.mdb") & ";Persist Security Info=False"<BR> <BR>Set oRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")<BR>strSQL = "SELECT * FROM NCR_DATA"<BR>oRS.Open strSQL, oConn<BR> <BR>oRS.AddNew<BR><BR>It craps on the addnew, i&#039;ve tried <BR><BR>oRS.Open strSQL, oConn,adOpenStatic,adLockOptimistic<BR><BR>but then I get<BR>---<BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0bb9&#039; <BR><BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>/NCR/newncr_post.asp, line 122 <BR>---<BR>Its driving me nuts, I have a slew of fields some text, some numeric, some memos. So I would like to just use the recordset object instead of trying to get a memo field parsed out to fit into a SQL insert statment.<BR><BR>Little help pleae and tanks

Default RE: recordsets with Access error

Did you forget In any event, this should work...<BR><BR>oRS.Open strSQL, oConn, 3, 3, 1