window open

Thread: window open

Default window open

hi,<BR><BR>I would like to know how to open a new window (FULL SCREEN)when the user click a button. Because some user use 640x480, some use 800x600.<BR>my code is ShowWindow1=window.open("","NewWindow1","toolbar=0 ,menubar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,scrol lbars=1,resizable=1,copyhistory=0,width=640,<BR>he ight=480")<BR>please let me know how to change.<BR>Thanks in advance<BR>Mike

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: window open

There is a server variable in ASP that holds the users screen resolution, although if memory serves I believe it only works with IE 3 and up, because IE is the only browser to send that information in the header. I don&#039t remember what the name of the server variable is but I can look it up at home tonight.<BR><BR>Also check out www.dynamicdrive.com, they have a script there opens a window and the window gets bigger and bigger until it fills the entire screen... I know that isn&#039t exactly what you are looking for but seeing the DHTML code there might give you some ideas to try. <BR><BR>Hope this helped<BR><BR>Nathan Pond

Thank you Nathan, its work. <BR><BR>code like this :<BR>window.open (&#039&#039,&#039mywindow&#039,&#039location=1,scr ollbars=1,fullscreen&#039)<BR>But I can&#039t see the location bar, I don&#039t know why??<BR><BR>Mike

John Harvey Guest

Using the fullscreen option is an IE specific tag that puts IE into fullscreen mode. All you get is the buttons at the top, no location bar, no status bar. If you want, you can do this a bit cleaner for version 4 browsers (and higher) by using code like this (like I said only in Version 4 browsers or better):<BR>window.open("","newWindow","height=" + window.screen.height + ", width=" + window.screen.width + ", location=1, scrollbars=1")<BR>Good Luck,<BR>John