Email Attachments using CDONTS

Thread: Email Attachments using CDONTS

Kim( Guest

Default Email Attachments using CDONTS

I am trying to send an email with an attachment, and I am having no luck. I am passing the document path in a query string, FaxDocName=pdfir5000.pdf. I then do the following:<BR><BR>sDocument=request.querystring("F axDocName")<BR><BR>Dim objCDO<BR> Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> objCDO.To = sEmail<BR> objCDO.From = sFrom<BR> objCDO.Subject = sTitle<BR> objCDO.Body = sBody<BR> objCDO.AttachFile = sDocument<BR> <BR> objCDO.Send<BR> <BR> Set objCDO = Nothing<BR> Response.Redirect "Success.asp"<BR><BR>Any help I would appreciate

Default RE: Email Attachments using CDONTS

If you wish to include an attachment with your mail message, use the AttachFile method of the NewMail object (which you have). This method has three parameters. <BR><BR>The first parameter is Source, of type String or Istream object. This parameter is required, and must contain the full path and file name of the attachment. Only C/C++ and Java programs can use an Istream object. <BR><BR>The second (optional) parameter is FileName, of type String. This provides a file name to appear in the attachment&#039;s placeholder in the message. If not specified, the file name from the Source parameter is used. <BR><BR>The third (optional) parameter is EncodingMethod, of type Long, which indicates the encoding of the attachment. There are two possible values: 0, meaning the attachment is in UUEncode format; and 1, indicating the attachment is in Base64 format. (Base64 is the encoding scheme defined by MIME; UUEncode is an older format that you should use if you suspect your recipient(s) may not have a MIME-compliant system.) The default value of this parameter depends upon the MailFormat property. If the MailFormat property is set to 1, the default value of EncodingMethod is 0. If the MailFormat property is set to 0, the default value of EncodingMethod is 1. <BR><BR>In the example below, the MailFormat property to 0, but still explicitly assign a value of 1 to the EncodingMethod parameter, for demonstration purposes.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim MyMail<BR>Set MyMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>MyMail.Fr om = ""<BR>MyMail.To = ";"<BR>MyM ail.Cc = ";"<BR>MyM ail.Bcc = ";"<BR>MyM ail.Subject = "sending email via CDONTS NewMail"<BR>MyMail.BodyFormat = 1<BR>MyMail.MailFormat = 0<BR>MyMail.Importance = 2<BR>MyMail.Body = "Sending email with CDONTS NewMail" &_<BR> "objects is easy! Try it!"<BR>MyMail.Attachfile "c:pathsmiley.gif", "smilefile.gif", 1<BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Rob

JG Guest

objCDO.AttachFile is expecting the physical path:<BR><BR>c:lahlahlahfilename.pdf<BR><BR>Che ck out Server.MapPath()

Kim( Guest

I tried that and I get the following error<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039;800a01b6&#039; <BR>Object doesn&#039;t support this property or method: &#039;AttachFile&#039; <BR>/tenant/faxSend.asp, line 50 <BR><BR>my code is as follows:<BR>objCDO.AttachFile = (sDocument)<BR>where sDocument = "D:inetpubwwwroot enantpdfir5000.pdf"

JG Guest

remove the &#039;=&#039;<BR><BR>objCDO.AttachFile(sDocumen t)

Kim( Guest

Default You are the best - it worked

Thanks for your help, I owe you.