Session ID through SSL and domain

Thread: Session ID through SSL and domain

John Warren Guest

Default Session ID through SSL and domain

I am trying to send a session ID through SSL, and a change of Domain Names. The domains are virtually configured for seperate IP addresses, however reside on the same machine. I am losing the sessionID when sending from the non-secure domain, over to the secure domain.<BR><BR>I have a temp fix, of running the entire site through the secured domain, however, I do not want to continue this procedure. The virtual accounts are set in such a way, that the same directory is used by both the secure and non-secure site, with just a change of url to reflect the move through SSL and the security certificate.<BR><BR>Any suggestions or tips, would be more than appreciated.<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR><BR>John<BR>

Default RE: Session ID through SSL and domain

Here is a thought. You could write a small text file to your server named as a constant and the sessionID inside of it (you would have to make sure that you have a if/then statement that will change it&#039s name if the first already existed because another user was making the jump). Once you get to the secure site, read that file, reset the sessionid and delete the text file. Just an idea.<BR><BR>Brandon

John Warren Guest

Default RE: Session ID through SSL and domain

Thanks for the suggestion...<BR> I am tired of working on a solution for this...<BR>I will toss that into the mix and see where it gets me.<BR><BR>Thank again.<BR><BR>John<BR>