Insert statment error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insert statment error

Default Insert statment error

Hi, I got an syntax error in my insert query. I try different way but I still can&#039;t find the error. I use Access database. Is that the problem? Please help me out. Thank you.<BR>conn.execute "Insert into SessionItems (SessionID, ProductID, " _<BR> & "Quantity, SelectText, ItemPrice) values (" _<BR> & Session("SessionID") & ", " _<BR> & Request.Form("ProductID") & ", " _<BR> & Request.Form("Quantity") & ", " _<BR> & "&#039;" & NewSelectText & "&#039;, " _<BR> & NewProductCost & ")"<BR>

Default RE: Insert statment error

try "" instead of " in your insert statement for your asp variables

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default What's BW's Mantra? Debug,Debug,Debug

Well<BR><BR>have you tried response.write your sql statement<BR>to see what its actually getting?<BR><BR>And what is the syntax error pointing to?

Bug rights Guest

Default Leave de bugs alone

They have a right to exist as well

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default not those Japanese Beetles, however

or whatever they are called,<BR><BR>the little bastards are all over my apt.

Eddie Campbell Guest

Default RE: not those Japanese Beetles, however

Can&#039;t you use them as fishing bait ?

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default hmm

I doubt it.<BR><BR>They are hard and they bite.<BR><BR>I really don&#039;t use live bait much, but if they ate these little bugs, I would get a fish tank.<BR><BR>

Eddie Campbell Guest

Default Smoke em out

Or better still, get Akhilesh to do it for you.

Default RE: What's BW's Mantra? Debug,Debug,Deb

Hi, Yes I did. I find out that only the quantity formfield didn&#039;t pass to the current page. It is so weird.<BR>Here is the code from the form<BR> &#060;INPUT TYPE= "Number" NAME= "Quantity" SIZE=13 MAXLENGTH=13&#062;<BR>I set this field as number in Access DB.<BR>Is that the problem??<BR>Here is the syntax error I had <BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80040e14&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error <BR>

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default RE: What's BW's Mantra? Debug,Debug,Deb

Umm<BR><BR><BR>show us what the sql statement says right before you try to call execute the sql<BR><BR>