Upload question, please help

Thread: Upload question, please help

Adam Stone Guest

Default Upload question, please help

Hello. <BR>Here is my problem (or question). I have a HTML form where users attach their resumes to be uploaded. On submit of this form i run upload.asp. And when the process is complete I show the &#039;thank you&#039; message. Is it possible to show users the message like &#039;upload is in process, please wait&#039; while the actual upload is taking place. Please give me some suggestion on how would I do that or maybe point me to the some article on the web. Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Default RE: Upload question, please help

In upload.asp, response.write "upload in process, please wait"<BR><BR>response.write a meta tag in the &#060;head&#062; to redirectd the upload.asp page to another page - redirect after say 2 seconds and only redirect IF you recieve no errors from the upload component

Default RE: Upload question, please help

Sure.<BR><BR>In the head:<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;!-- Begin<BR>function submitForm(s) {<BR>s.value = " Uploading...please wait ";<BR>return true;<BR>}<BR>// End --&#062;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Add this to the form statement:<BR><BR>onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Enter)"<BR><BR>

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default hmmm

Well<BR><BR>I think one of the dll&#039;s you can buy<BR>has some meter for uploading.<BR><BR>what about doing the whole thing in frames.<BR><BR>so what you do (in theory) would be to have a frame.htm<BR>that loads the "loading" frame first, and then the hidden frame of "upload process" So the frame that is shown has loading and then at the end of the upload, have a javascript function that<BR>moves you along to a thank you page (thats out of the frames)<BR><BR>to learn how to load frames in a specific order<BR>www.irt.org <BR><BR>Just an idea of the top of my shallow head.

Default LOL

3 possible solutions to one problem. Always amazes me all of the different approaches.

old hat Guest

Default DO people still use frames?

Zimmer frame Guest

Default DO people still wear hats?

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default You shall be flogged with a wet noodle

of course people use frames.<BR><BR>I do as little as possible, but they are darn useful<BR><BR>ask the ASP god "Bill Wilkinson."