Calender Component

Thread: Calender Component

Sudhamsh Guest

Default Calender Component

I am developing an ASP page which uses dates as its input parameters. When the user supplies two dates to the form, it will search the database for the relevant data for the dates. Now I would like to attach a calender compoent which will enable the user to select any date without any problem. Can any body help out to solve this? Thanks in advance.

EssPee Guest

Default RE: Calender Component

I am looking for the same solution. I am trying to use the Date time Picker control that is part of Microsofts Common Controls however I am running into the problem of client browsers that do not have the active x control registered on their PC. It is fine for my intranet users because I can control what is registered on their PC's but I can't seem o figure out how to automatically register the control on the external browsers.

You could try using Java Script to generate a calendar which updates a Text Form Element with the date on Mouse Click.

Dustin DeFoe Guest

I had the same problem but I have been able to implement it. I am implementing this as an ActiveX component in the website and thus it is for IE only. The problem I ran into was that the component was unsafe for scripting. This was a known bug by Microsoft. They forgot to sign it as safe when they released it. <BR><BR>In order to mark it as safe I had to read through some articles on Microsofts support site. Take a look at the following site:<BR><BR><BR><BR>This helped me out the most as it helped me walk through (somewhat) setting up the component to work on the web. I had some problems at first but was later able to get it to work. I then packaged the elements into a cab file and placed it on the webserver. When the users hit the site, they were prompted to download the component. <BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>Dustin DeFoe<BR>Internet Programmer

Emil Nadinic Guest

I had exactly the same problem, except the application that I was writing was running on a corporate intranet that spanned the country, so no chance of distributing activex components easily. I ended up searching;s ASP section, and found a javascript calendar that works like a dream. It uses an IFrame (Sorry netscape), and actually pops up a small calendar html page in it. Works like a dream. No component problems, no registration issues. I went the path of using MS&#039;s calendar OCX, but found that when we upgraded to IE 5.5, the component stopped working (due to security issues), so this was a great solution. Wish I&#039;d found it earlier!<BR><BR>Emil.<BR>

Alexander Lezos Guest

I solved my problem by using an applet and the showModalDialog method of the window object. If you still need it email me at and i will send it to you.

New_P Guest

The activex technology requires a message to be displayed whenever a file is about to be downloaded, even when a component is a signed certificate, although it is a different message.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Do you know how to get the activex control for MSChart to be downloaded to client browsers? I tried to look for this 900k file, but I cannot find it.<BR><BR>&#060;object CLASSID="clsid:5220cb21-c88d-11cf-b347-00aa00a28331"<BR>id="Microsoft_Licensed_Class_Mana ger_1_0"&#062;<BR> &#060;param NAME="LPKPath" VALUE="mschart5.lpk"&#062;<BR>&#060;/object&#062;<BR><BR>I looked on the following page URL for the code:<BR><BR><BR>&#060;-- Here is where we are actually "instantiating" the<BR>ActiveX control. I downloaded the file from<BR>Microsoft&#039;s website. It has been digitally signed. --&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;OBJECT ID="MSChart1" WIDTH=100% HEIGHT=95%<BR> CLASSID="CLSID:31291E80-728C-11CF-93D5-0020AF99504A"<BR> codebase=""&#062;<BR>&#060;/OBJECT&#062;<BR><BR>However, the browser is not pulling the activex control for distribution in an intranet environment.