Email Page Problem

Thread: Email Page Problem

Default Email Page Problem

Hello guys,<BR><BR>Following is the code of my email page. I am able to view the page, and it appears to be communicating with my email server, but email is not being sent. I have set up an anonymous account IUSR_XXX that has rights to the email server, and is the same account that successfully communicates with the database<BR>server. That account has full access rights to the sendmail folder.<BR><BR>In the event log on my mail server, I can see that it accepted a connection from the web server, but the email is not sent -- it appears to go nowhere.<BR><BR>???<BR><BR>HERE is the code:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>SUB sendMail( fromWho, toWho, Subject, Body )<BR> DIM myMail<BR> SET myMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.Newmail")<BR> myMail.From = fromWho<BR> myMail.To = toWho<BR> myMail.Subject = Subject<BR> myMail.Body = Body<BR> myMail.Send<BR> SET myMail = Nothing<BR>END SUB<BR><BR>fromWho = TRIM( Request.Form( "fromWho" ) )<BR>toWho = TRIM( Request.Form( "toWho" ) ) <BR>Subject = TRIM( Request.Form( "Subject" ) )<BR>Body = TRIM( Request.Form( "Body" ) )<BR><BR>IF toWho &#060;&#062; "" THEN<BR> sendMail fromWho, toWho, Subject, Body<BR>END IF<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;HTML&#062;<BR>&#060;HEAD&#0 62;&#060;TITLE&#062;Email Form&#060;/TITLE&#062;&#060;/HEAD&#062;<BR>&#060;BODY BGCOLOR="#eeeeee"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="&#060;%=Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NA ME")%&#062;"&#062;<BR><BR>TO: &#060;INPUT NAME="toWho" TYPE="text" SIZE=40&#062;<BR><BR>FROM: &#060;INPUT NAME="fromWho" TYPE="text" SIZE=40&#062;<BR><BR>SUBJECT: &#060;INPUT NAME="subject" TYPE="text" SIZE=40&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;TEXTAREA NAME="Body" COLS=40 ROWS=5&#062;

Default RE: Email Page Problem

I have had problems in the past using the CDONTS object when trying to send email via SMTP services located on a different server and using a FROM address that really did not exist.<BR><BR>Mine also seemed to go nowhere.<BR><BR>What I did was used the JMAIL component which is a little more liberal on specifying SMTP servers and not caring about FROM properties. You can download this for Free. Just type JMAIL in any search engine. <BR><BR>It is super easy to use and install.