General QueryString ASP Question

Thread: General QueryString ASP Question

Default General QueryString ASP Question

Could someone briefly explain to me or point me in the direction of a FAQ that describes the coding and/or logic behind the use of the query string for multiple pages, IE - Having a customer base of 100 people and using the format page.asp?001 to page.asp?100 for their pages. <BR><BR>I&#039;d like to see some coding that handles this sort of thing.<BR><BR>Thanks !

Default RE: General QueryString ASP Question

&#060;%<BR>qs = Request.QueryString<BR>Response.Redirect "UserPageNumber" & qs & ".html"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>or<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR >qs = Request.QueryString<BR>Set RS = conn.Execute("SELECT * FROM info WHERE userid = " & qs )<BR>... generate page from RS you get ...<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>or<BR><BR>???<BR><BR>Not sure what you are asking. Are you asking WHY would somebody do this? Why not, I guess. Though it seems terribly non-secure. Ehh...I guess you could do:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>qs = Request.QueryString<BR>Set RS = "SELECT thePassword FROM userInfo WHERE userid = " & qs <BR>... then output a prompt for password page ...<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Saves the user having to remember his/her userID for this site? <BR><BR>