Oracle in ASP

Thread: Oracle in ASP

Default Oracle in ASP

&nbsp;<BR>I have some problems connecting to oracle database. I create a connection like this in global.asa file. But Its giving an Error The Erro message is also shown below<BR>&#060;OBJECT RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Application ID=OraSession<BR>PROGID="OracleInProcServer.XOraSe ssion"&#062;<BR>&#060;/OBJECT&#062;<BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript" RUNAT="Server"&#062;<BR><BR>Sub Application_OnStart<BR>OraSession.CreateDatabasePo ol 1,40,200,"qa8svr3", "atr/sql", 0<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Error<BR>Oracle Automation error &#039 800a01b8&#039 <BR><BR>Unable to make connection, ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination <BR><BR>Also If any body can help me how acces the oracle from ASP pages witha an example It will be of great help. <BR>Thanx in Advance<BR>Suraj <BR>

Pedro Guest

Default RE: Oracle in ASP

When we connect to ORACLE, we put a ODBC DSN in the machine running the web server, pointing to the Oracle server. Then you just connect with very simple ASP. We usually run ASP from either IIS4 or Netscape Server (with ChiliASP!). Our Oracle machine is running Linux. Both work as smoothly as when connecting to SQL server.<BR><BR>Pedro<BR><BR><BR>