Option explicit headache

Thread: Option explicit headache

ib Guest

Default Option explicit headache

Im trying to implement the image properties routine referred to in http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/050300-1.shtml . <BR><BR>Everything works fine until I put it in my site. I&#039;ve found out that I only get problems because my site uses option explicit it works if I leave out option explicit<BR><BR>I use option explicit in my common include file so it appears at the top of every page. <BR><BR>There is no error message... A function returns false instead of true which stops the rest of the routine from functioning. This is the function call: <BR><BR> if gfxSpex(objFile.Path, w, h, c, strType) = true then <BR><BR>I&#039;m not getting any undeclared variable errors and cannot find any undeclared variables. <BR><BR>Does option explicit have any side effects? <BR><BR>Thanks <BR><BR>Ian

Eddie Campbell Guest

Default RE: Option explicit headache

I can&#039;t believe that Option Explicit has anything to do with it.<BR><BR>Have you tested the variables being passed to gfxSpex to make sure that they would return true?<BR><BR>If the code works on a test platform, but not on your production server, it could be that objFile.Path is incorrect, or that you don&#039;t have sufficient permissions to access that file/path.