Works online, but not when im testing it.=/

Thread: Works online, but not when im testing it.=/

BourkeIV Guest

Default Works online, but not when im testing it.=/

I Set two recordsets to the same table, and loop one inside the other like this<BR><BR>Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rs.Open "Select DISTINCT menuSection FROM Menu",myConn <BR>//easy enough?<BR>//then I open one more of the same table to loop all of <BR>//the ones with the above distinct menusection<BR>Set rss = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rss.Open "Select *FROM Menu Where menuSection =" & theSectionIpullFromtheABOveRS",myConn <BR>//Loop RSS <BR>rss.close<BR>Set rss = Nothing<BR>//loop RS<BR>rs.Close<BR>Set rs = Nothing<BR>****************************<BR>get the idea? I can post the code, but it might look a bit more outta wack=)<BR>my problem is that on my comp when im testing it, is says that <BR>"rss.Open "Select *FROM Menu Where menuSection =" & theSectionIpullFromtheABOveRS",myConn" <BR>is already open, but it works online????? should I find some other way of doing this so I dont open the same table within the same loop?<BR><BR>

Default Seek another way...

What exactly are you trying to do? looks like you are trying to get all records of one type... you could select them all, slam in an order by, and then have a descision structure to do the different things with the different key values...<BR><BR>I don&#039;t think two recordsets is a good idea in this instance, from what it looks like you are trying to do...<BR><BR>-- Whol

Default ASPFAQs...category, Database, General

Link to ASPFAQs is at top right of this page.<BR><BR>See if this one doesn&#039;t provide you a different/better way:<BR><BR><BR><BR>As for why this happens on one machine and not on another: Is your machine possibly Win2000 or WinME? I keep seeing more and more reports of strange problems with ADODB on those platforms. Too many, I think, to be coincidental. Makes me glad I&#039;m still on NT and Win98.<BR><BR>

Bourke IV Guest

Default RE: Seek another way...

Win2k Pro, Ive had no problems till now with the platform so I dont think thats it, the server is NT though.<BR><BR>If I need to seek another way, Ill just do that. Not explain the problem till I get a new one=)