Thread: Pocman

Default Pocman

Hello all,<BR><BR>I&#039;m relatively new to this ASP so you will have to bear with me. My problem is I am trying to set up a Search facility for my website.<BR><BR>I came across a piece of code on this site that does this using the FileSystemObject at the following URL http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/102499-1.shtml<BR><BR>It is returning a listing of all the HTML pages located in the directory I specify in the Server.MapPath.<BR><BR>What I would like to do though is to return the Title of the HTML page which is located in the HTML page content instead of returning the actual Page name.<BR><BR>Is this possible or are thare any other ways of doing this?<BR>Save me please<BR><BR>POCMAN

BrianO'C Guest

Default RE: Pocman

A good practice if your site isn&#039;t too large is to index your pages in a database. Then for a search just search the database using ADO and the &#039;like&#039; SQL statemet.<BR>Your database could have title, url, description and keywords fields. You could even write an asp page to process your pages for you and put the relevant info into the database.