Thread: ASP & PWS

Basing Guest

Default ASP & PWS

I&#039;m using Win 98, PWS, IE 5, Access 97 to develop ASP page. <BR>But when I see my page from IE there&#039;s a message : <BR><BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039;800a0e7a&#039; <BR>ADO could not find the specified provider. <BR><BR>My ASP file : <BR>data_source = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("dbmaster.mdb") <BR><BR>set objRS = server.createobject("adodb.recordset") <BR> "select * from test", data_source <BR><BR>It use to work, but after I reinstall my Win 98 and PWS, it don&#039;t work anymore. If the ASP file I test on other computer (using PWS too), it work.<BR><BR>If I change my source code to :<BR>DSNtemp = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " <BR>DSNtemp = DSNtemp & "DBQ=" & Server.Mappath("database/dbmaster.mdb") & "; " <BR>Connection.Open DSNtemp <BR><BR>It works, but when I refresh the page after I made change, the page can&#039;t load/display again. It take very long time and in the end only &#039;page can not display&#039;. Seem like the PWS is busy and ignore the second request. <BR>I thought it maybe about my Win98 and PWS, so I try to format my hardisk and get other Win98 and PWS setup cd to install again, the problem still appear. It happened too when I try to install to my old computer<BR>

2. #2 Guest

Default Should be "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51" for