CDONTS.NewMail - Permission Denied

Thread: CDONTS.NewMail - Permission Denied

Default CDONTS.NewMail - Permission Denied

First the error:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a0046&#039 <BR>Permission denied <BR>/cdotest.asp, line 9 <BR><BR><BR>Then the code:<BR><BR>&#060;%@ Language="VBScript" &#037;&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim objCDO<BR>Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>objCDO.Fr om = "oliver@3waystreet.com"<BR>objCDO.To = "oliver@3waystreet.com"<BR>objCDO.Subject = "Test"<BR>objCDO.Body = "Hello, world."<BR>objCDO.Send<BR>Set objCDO = Nothing<BR>&#037;&#062;<BR>&#060;html><BR>&#060;he ad>&#060;title>&#060;/title>&#060;/head><BR>&#060;body><BR>CDO Test<BR>&#060;/body><BR>&#060;/html><BR><BR>The question:<BR><BR>The code looks fine to me. I suspect there is a problem with the way SMTP is set up. Anyone seen this error before and know how to fix it? I am running this from a directory which has no problem running all sorts of asps (that&#039s why I don&#039t think it&#039s a simple matter of file permissions)<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR><BR>Oliver

Default RE: CDONTS.NewMail - Permission Denied

It is file permissions. But not that directory. I just had to fix one the other day. I can&#039t remember exactly which one, but it&#039s somewhere with the IIS SMTP directory. Something like that. Sorry, if that doesn&#039t help, email me and I will check cchavis@usa.net .

Kelvin Guest

Default RE: CDONTS.NewMail - Permission Denied

Your code is fine. I put your code in a page and change the emails to mine and it works. Like the other person said it is probably in the server.<BR>Kelvin