changing displayed currency

Thread: changing displayed currency

LittlePaul Guest

Default changing displayed currency

Hi all<BR><BR>Currency field in access is in £, when I output it to an asp page it becomes $. How do I force it as £ ?<BR><BR>cheers, LP

LittlePaul Guest

Default RE: changing displayed currency

might be a setting in iis??

RDM Guest

Default Not IIS...

...IIS has doesn&#039;t alter settings. This either a database setting or regional setting on the web server.

Default I think RDM is wrong...

The currency symbol (and format) used by the VBS FormatCurrency function *is* affected by the "default locale" setting for ASP, which in turn is (I believe) derived from the setting for IIS.<BR><BR>But maybe it&#039;s just an ASP setting. If so, I don&#039;t know how to change the default.<BR><BR>In any case, you *can* control it easily, on a session-by-session basis:<BR><BR>Try this:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Session.LCID = &H0809<BR>Response.Write FormatCurrency( 1234567.89 ) & "&#060;HR&#062;"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&H0809 is, if I recall correctly, the proper LCID for the UK. (&H0409 is for the USA and &H0C09 is for Australia.)<BR><BR>Since that is a session-level value, it will hold throughout the current session, so if you set it in Global.ASA in Session_onStart you won&#039;t have to worry about it further.<BR><BR>

RDM Guest

Default Yes, he most certainly was...

...I should have read his question much closer.