Please help me!

Thread: Please help me!

Default Please help me!

I've got three textboxes - price, tax and total. When the user inputs the price and tabs on to the tax box, I need 17.5% of the price to automatically appear in the tax box. Then, when the user tabs on to the total box, I want to be able to make the sum of the price and tax automatically appear in the total box.

Kasper Guest

Default Not extremely difficult

No need for asp though, just use javascript.<BR><BR>Testcase : form name = theForm<BR>textboxes named price, tax and total<BR><BR>put an onBlur event in your price element<BR>e.g. &#060;input type=&#039;text&#039; name=&#039;price&#039; onBlur=&#039; .value=this.value*0.175;&#039;&#062;<BR>I assume you can figure out the &#039;total&#039;-routine for yourself.<BR>Didn&#039;t test the code, so may contain little bug, but idea should be the same though :)

Default RE: Not extremely difficult

Thanks, for that, but I&#039;m getting &#039;Nan&#039; instead of the total up...don&#039;t suppose you could tell me why??<BR><BR>function calcTotal()<BR> <BR> {<BR> price = parseInt("purchaseCars3.car_price.value");<BR> vat = parseInt("purchaseCars3.car_vat.value");<BR> total = parseInt("price + vat");<BR> purchaseCars3.car_total.value = total<BR> }<BR>Cheers!