Trusted Connections

Thread: Trusted Connections

Jason Guest

Default Trusted Connections

Sorry for posting again but I never got a response on the ASP board - the problem is due to a database issue (trusted SQL server connection). Also, I installed SQL Server 2000 - is there a default username (sa?) and password after a new install?<BR><BR>I am trying to connect to a SQL Server 2000 DB and get the following error: <BR><BR>"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80004005) <BR>Login failed for user &#039;sa&#039;. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." <BR><BR>Here is my code: <BR>&#060;% <BR>Dim objConn <BR>Dim objRs <BR><BR>Set objConn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection") <BR><BR> objConn.Open "Provider=sqloledb;" & _ <BR> "Data Source=MSDev;" & _ <BR> "Initial Catalog=research;" & _ <BR> "User Id=sa;" & _ <BR> "Password=;" <BR><BR>set objRs = server.createobject("ADODB.Recordset") <BR>SQL = "Select * From authors" <BR>objRs.Open SQL,objConn <BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated. <BR>

Jason Guest

Default RE: Trusted Connections

I fixed the problem. In the SQL Server configuration properties under the security tab, authentication needs to be SQL Server and Windows. I had the Windows Only option selected.