Asp Sucks

Thread: Asp Sucks

Alain Poirer Guest

Default Asp Sucks

I am trying to do the following and having a lot of headaches out of it:<BR><BR>i have a page wich has a Respons.write("&#060;img src=&#039;; width=&#039;1&#039; height=&#039;1&#039;&#062;")<BR><BR>after that i have a Response.Redirect wich seems to stop my first line from executing.. any idea on how to make this work would be greatly apreciated.<BR><BR>thanks in advance

Mike H. Guest

Default ASP is Great

What is it exactly that you are trying to do? Response.Redirect redirects you immediately, so it sounds like it is working just fine. Are you trying to make your image a hyperlink? Then you should have<BR>Response.Write "&#060;a href=""""&#062;&#060;img src=""images/picture.gif"" width=""1"" height=""1""&#062;&#060;/a&#062;"<BR><BR>HTH,<BR>Mike

Reji Guest

Default RE: Asp Sucks

It&#039;s not;s you !!!

Reji Guest

It&#039;s not;s you !!!

Alain Poirier Guest

Default RE: ASP is Great

no the image source would be a link to a page wich performs some more code. a bit as a include but the page can reside on a different server.. it works fine if i take off the response.redirect but as soon as i put it back it stops working.

Mike H. Guest

Default RE: ASP is Great

If you are using ASP 3.0, you can try server.execute "somepage.asp" which will execute the code on somepage.asp and then return to your page. Otherwise, I guess I don&#039;t understand what you are trying to do.

You CAN NOT use Response.Redirect after writing data to the browser