How do you view currently executing ASP Pages?

Thread: How do you view currently executing ASP Pages?

Default How do you view currently executing ASP Pages?

Is there any way to see what ASP pages are executing on a server at a given point in time? I've looked at Performance Monitor and the IIS Resource Kit but I haven't found anything. The only thing I can think of is to create ISAPI Filter(s) that would add to/remove from a list as requests come in. I am hoping there is some easier way. I have a site with hundreds of different pages and I'd like to be able to see what pages are running or queued to run during resource peaks.

Default Use Application array?

As the page starts, it increments a counter and as it ends it decrements it?<BR><BR>But, you know, no matter HOW many users you have, only a limited number (10?) of pages actually execute "simultaneously"...basically, one per ASP thread. So it depends on how many threads ASP is using.<BR><BR>Or do you want to count a page as "executing" simply because a user requested it but has not yet requested another one...even though it might take the user 20 minutes to do so and the first page is "executing" that entire time?<BR><BR>Queued to run is tougher. I think you would need an ISAPI filter, at a minimum.<BR><BR>Not to ask silly questions, but...<BR><BR>Why not just do an occasional post-mortem on the log file? Or do you really *need* real-time stats?<BR><BR><BR>