Thread: HELP!!!

Lisa Mayer Guest

Default HELP!!!

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;m trying to link a map which contains hotspots/links to a bus timetable database. Basically the user should be able to click on a city/state and then the system should return all the departure information ie Bus times for that city/state.<BR><BR>How do I do it?<BR><BR>Any Ideas?<BR><BR>Lisa.

Tom O Guest

Default RE: HELP!!!

I have plenty of ideas, but need to know your experieince level. Do you already have the database created? How are you uniquely identifying each state/city and departure info. If you are identifying these then it is rather simple to complete using one ASP page. Give me some more info and maybe I can help you out<BR><BR>Tom O<BR>

Lisa Mayer Guest

Tom,<BR><BR>I am creating a prototype system for a project. I am very new to ASP and don&#039;t know how to approach this problem. I have a very simple database created with the following entities: <BR><BR>Departure City<BR>Arrival City<BR>Departure Time <BR>Arrival Time <BR>Date<BR><BR>What I would like is too simply allow the user to click on the map and then up pops a list of Bus Services (arrival city, time, date) for that location on that day. How would I do this?<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR><BR>Lisa

Lisa,<BR><BR>You can create what they call an HTML image map from the city/state map you have. And on the links for each "hotspot", call another asp page with a querystring parameter specifying which city they clicked.<BR><BR>For information on how to create/use an image map, I can suggest the following site:<BR><BR>This is just my suggestion for one possible way to do this, there are a lot of other ways as well.<BR><BR>Hope that helps you some.<BR>Paul