Error trapping

Thread: Error trapping

Inanna Guest

Default Error trapping

When error trapping everything seems to work fine trapping some errors using "Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Error")" and others using "objErr in objConn.Errors" BUT if the database file I am trying to connect to with the connection string doesn&#039;t exist I get the error <BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039;<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not find file &#039;(unknown)&#039;.<BR>How can I trap this error? <BR><BR>

Inanna Guest

Default Found it!!

It seems my error trapping routine is fine it was just that it needed to be called straight after defining the connection string <BR><BR>objConn.ConnectionString=..... <BR>CheckForConnectionErrors<BR><BR>I put it after the objConn.Open.<BR>This must mean that when the connection is defined it actually goes and checks that the database file is there instead of waiting until the .Open connection call.<BR>I must admit it is great to find resolutions to problems but that such a trivial thing could keep my mind whirring for 24 hours has knocked my programming ego down a peg or two :)<BR><BR>Hope this post helps someone else one day.