Help! Error free updating

Thread: Help! Error free updating

Dulce Guest

Default Help! Error free updating

I will try to explain what I am trying to do.... <BR><BR>I have created a 2 part form. The end user on one side enters a request for work done. Then the end user on the other side, updates the request. What i did was create one table in access 97 for all of the online forms. In asp, I wrote an &#039;update form&#039; that displays the original request, along with the new data fields to be entered. I would like the ability to update the data a different times, instead of all at once, so the user can come back and change the information, but not have to fill out evey fields. My second form for updating will not aloow you to submit it unless all of the fields are filled out, other wise I get a type mismatch error.<BR><BR>Can anyone point me in a direction to figure this out?<BR><BR>Does this make sense? Thanks for bearing with me~

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default Convert Blank to Null

You wrote<BR>&#060;&#060;<BR>...My second form for updating will not allow you to submit it unless all of the fields are filled out, otherwise I get a type mismatch error. <BR>&#062;&#062;<BR><BR>When updating the record to the database convert any 0 length text variables to Null. And of course be sure that the database table fields DO allow blanks.<BR><BR>If Len(MyVar) = 0 Then<BR> objRS("MyFld") = Null<BR>Else<BR> objRS("MyFld") = MyVar<BR>End If<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR>