ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

Thread: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

Default ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

I have been working with a particular COM object on my asp pages for quite some time, but just today, I get this error:<BR>====<BR>Server object, ASP 0177 (0x80040111)<BR>ClassFactory cannot supply requested class <BR>/content/media/pressreleases.asp, line 12<BR>====<BR><BR>The code on line 12 is this:<BR>set objQApp = server.CreateObject("")<BR><BR>T he object obviously exists since I&#039;ve been using it for quite some time, what could have caused the object to stop functioning?<BR><BR>The object browser in VB6 or Visual Interdev shows the class with the available methods.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve also tested the dll in a standard exe, but I get the error &#039;ActiveX cannot create object&#039;.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve tried rebooting, recompiling, but to no avial, any ideas?<BR><BR>tia<BR><BR>Marko

Default A pure guess...

The problem "object" may not be the one you see in your ASP code.<BR><BR>Maybe the DLL is creating some *other* object under the covers and that is what isn&#039;t working. From ASP, you&#039;d never be able to tell.<BR><BR>You said you tested it in an .exe, yes? And it still failed? Since that&#039;s a much better place to debug, go through it one careful line at a time, stepping into the DLL if you at all can.<BR><BR>