suppressing button values in querystring

Thread: suppressing button values in querystring

ib Guest

Default suppressing button values in querystring

Is it possible using the GET method to suppress button and image inputs from appearing in the querystring?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Ian

Default A couple of ways...

(1) Don&#039;t use GET. Instead, build the querystring "by hand" using JS coding. Then just do <BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; location.href=&#039;xyz.asp?&#039; + yourBuiltUpQS;<BR><BR>(2) Don&#039;t give the button or image a NAME= attribute! Only named fields are sent in the querystring. <BR><BR>How, then do you *use* the fields in your JS coding? A couple of ways: <BR><BR>(A) If you use an onClick or other event, just do <BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; onClick="processButton(this);"<BR>and then the function called simply uses the given argument as the button.<BR><BR>(B) If desparate, use document.formName.elements[ 3 ] or whatever the appropriate number is to get to the needed form element.<BR><BR>(3) Use *two* forms. The button and image are in the form that isn&#039;t submitted. You JS code can easily "see" both forms (by name) and so you can still do anything useful you need to do.<BR><BR>**************<BR><BR>Okay, three ways.<BR><BR>Those are off the top of my head. If none of those suit, ask again. I betcha there are other ways!<BR><BR>(Yeah, I just thought of another, using a hidden frame. But it&#039;s uglier than those three.)<BR><BR><BR>