Easier way to Response.write HTML?

Thread: Easier way to Response.write HTML?

Jeremy Green Guest

Default Easier way to Response.write HTML?

I have an ASP script that depending on a condition uses response.write to output 1 of 2 forms. Basically it&#039;s just 2 different HTML pages. Instead of writing a million response.writes is there a function or tag that will let me type in pure html? It&#039;s just a pain because of the number of lines and the number of quotation marks I have to deal with. If anyone knows of an easier way please pass it on!<BR><BR>JG

Default Close and re-open your ASP tags...

All you have to do is close and re-open your ASP tags.. eg...<BR><BR>&#060;% if bla blah = blah blah then<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;b&#062;You can enter raw html&#060;/b&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>else<BR>response.write("Or you can code it in ASP")<BR>end if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Whatever is outside your ASP is raw HTML, anything inside the ASP is ASP...<BR><BR>Outside &#060;% response.write("inside") %&#062; Outside<BR><BR>If you have all of your variables set you can also just dynamically include them in your HTML like this...<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Message = "hello"<BR>%&#062;<BR>The message of today is &#060;%=Message%&#062;.<BR><BR>This will display "The message of today is hello."<BR><BR>Give it a try...<BR>-- Whol

RDM Guest

Default Performance Hit...

This practice should really be avoided if possible. It makes IIS work much harder than should have to.

Los Angeles, CA

Default SLIGHT Performance Hit...

honestly i do not jump between the 2 but it is not really THAT big a deal. <BR><BR>Yes if you are developing a site where you hope to get a lot of traffic every second you should definitely avoid it on the other hand you could just do it and not "really" worry

RDM Guest

Default If abused, it's a big deal...

...A little here and there for a specific purpose is not a big deal. But, if your web server has a lot of other processes running on them, it can definitely be an impact if this practice is used as the example here showed.<BR><BR>My rule of thumb has always been to be as efficient as possible to avoid performance problems when the environment on the server changes. &#039;Cause it undoubtedly will...

Default I answered his question...

He asked if it could be done, and I said it was possible ;) I didan&#039;t say it was a good idea, hell my code is nothing buy a boat load of response.writes....<BR>-- Whol

RDM Guest

Default Chuckle...This is true. You did not comment on pe