print commands

Thread: print commands

Default print commands

How do I program a browsers print command? If the user clicks the browsers print button or chooses print from the file menu, how would I program this to print a different page that is not shown?

Los Angeles, CA

Default You cant

what you CAN do though it open a new window when the user clicks on the print button YOU create and in that window load whatever you want let it print then close that window.

Kevitt Guest

Default RE: print commands

I cheated this a little when I wanted to do the same thing.<BR><BR>I started with a button the button to print the page.<BR>I used onClick to open another window sized to, say, 50x50px and passed the pertinent info into that window which, once loaded, executed window.print, and then closed itself.<BR><BR>In an intranet environment this happens pretty quickly, so no one really notices the extra window opening and closing, because they are then presented with the printer dialogue.<BR><BR>Not the most graceful solution, perhaps, but it works. Like I say, it&#039;s a fair cheat. Maybe if I need this functionality again, I&#039;ll devise something a bit less convoluted.<BR><BR>Man...I hope that made sense...been a loooong day.