Making a LOG File

Thread: Making a LOG File

Gopal Mahto Guest

Default Making a LOG File

I want to make a log file in my asp application and I want to track the URL, TimeStamp(that is the time one spends in a site),Query String, SubjectID. I made a table for this and made a include file but having problem writing the datas into the table .So, please let me know the syntex of the SQL and the data types in the table<BR><BR>thanx<BR>gopal

James W. Guest

Default ?

You&#039;ve already made the table but are having trouble inserting? You need to post the error, the relevant code and the data types you&#039;re using. We&#039;re willing to help with your problem but we&#039;re not going to post the SQL & table structure, that&#039;s your job.

Gopal Mahto Guest

Default RE: ?

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80040e37&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name &#039;ClickStream&#039;. <BR><BR>/hci/SBEauction.INC, line 25 <BR>============================================== ===============<BR>&#060;!-- #Include file="ADOVBS.INC" --&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>dim db, LogID, ItemID, FoundID, SubjectID, Time_Stamp, URL, QString, Nav_Type<BR><BR>set db = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>db.Open ("dsn=hci; uid=hci; pwd=hci") <BR><BR>SubjectID = Session("SubjectID")<BR><BR>URL = Request.ServerVariables("URL")<BR>QString = Request.ServerVariables("Query_String")<BR><BR>Use rSessionID = Session.SessionID<BR><BR>dim oCmd<BR>set oCmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR><BR>sql = "INSERT INTO ClickStream(SubjectID,Time_Stamp, URL, QString, SessionID) VALUES (&#039;" & 1 & "&#039;, 04/05/01, &#039;" & Abb & "&#039;, &#039;" & Dnn & "&#039;, &#039;" & 1 & "&#039;);"<BR><BR><BR><BR>oCmd.CommandText = sql<BR>oCmd.CommandType = adCmdText<BR>set oCmd.ActiveConnection = db<BR>oCmd.Execute<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>========= =================================================< BR>3 LogID int 4 0<BR>0 ItemID int 4 1<BR>0 FoundID int 4 1<BR>0 SubjectID int 4 1<BR>0 Time_Stamp smalldatetime 4 1<BR>0 URL varchar 50 0<BR>0 QString varchar 50 0<BR>0 Nav_Type char 10 1<BR>0 SessionID int 4 1